December 2, 2012

First World Problems in Michigan

I laugh every time I run across a first world problem on Pinterest.  If you haven't seen a first world problem, click HERE.

It makes me think, just this week, we're experiencing a lot of first world problems.  For example:

1. We have a love/hate relationship with the weatherman.

2.  We want to go outside in December, but can't get over the shock and awe that we don't need 14 layers to do so.

3.  We can't take our snowmobiles to the convenience store to get a beer since there's no snow.

4.  We can't track the deer we shot because, again, no snow.

5.  We can't ski with no snow for the hills and the lakes are too cold to get in the water.

6.  We want to stay up past 5:30, but thanks to daylight savings time, it makes it feel like 10:30.

7.  We've already winterized our summer toys, so tomorrow's 62 degree weather is wasted.

8.  We go to work in the dark and we come home in the dark.

9.  The kids' Christmas programs are cutting into our TV programs.

10.  We want to root for a sports team, but don't have one worth rooting for.

Booo.  I know.  #10 is a drag.  Thank you NFL, NHL and do we even have a NBA team anymore?!  At least we can revel in the fact that Detroit still beat the Yankees this year!  Go Tigers!

I can't wait to see some snow in the forecast and yet, I'm totally one of those people that are like, "I'm okay with snow as long as it stays off the roads."  Yeah.  As if the flake coming down goes, "Wait, Floyd! Over here! That was a close one.  You NEVER want to land on a road!

And so I leave my ramblings knowing I'll probably delete this later since I'm still in a head cold coma, and have probably made zero sense in today's post.

The real reason I can't wait for snow?

Source

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment